jUploadr is a cross platform, cross-site photo uploader. Currently it runs on Windows Linux and OS X and supports both Flickr and Zooomr. It allows you to set all properties of a photo before you upload it to Flickr. It also supports batch editing, so you can make short work of uploading a bunch of files.
jUploadr is written in Java and requires at least version 1.4 to run
You can download Java 1.5 here
Java has a somewhat shady reputation for having slow, strange looking UIs. Because of this, I used the SWT toolkit, which is a simple wrapper around native widgets. This means that jUploadr will look like most other programs that you are used to, and will be just as fast.
Linux users must also have GTK 2 installed, but most modern distributions already include GTK libraries.
Currently, jUploadr works perfectly under Windows (2000 and XP) and Linux
(tested under SuSe 9.1, Debian unstable and RedHat Enterprise)
All OS X bugs have been fixed by the SWT team. Download the latest disk image and everything will be great.
jUploadr has the following features:
- Simple drag and drop interface. Just drop photos or folders of photos on the main window to add them.
- Edit photos individually or as a group.
- Fast, responsive UI
- Proxy support
- Allows editing of all Flickr photo metadata, not just privacy and tags
- PhotoSet creation on sites that support photosets
- Tag assistance, jUploadr downloads your tags for you and allows you to select them from a drop down menu rather than typing them in by hand.
- Multiple Accounts: jUploadr can authenticate and keep track of several accounts, allowing you to set your tags and descriptions once, and upload them to multiple sites